Mobile Messaging Apps: The Next-Generation of Global Social Networks - How Mobile Messaging Apps are a Major Threat to Social Media Giants Facebook and Twitter
JCN Newswire / 2014年2月27日 11時54分
Dublin, Ireland, Feb 27, 2014 - (JCN Newswire) - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/84gx8k/mobile_messaging) has announced the addition of the "Mobile Messaging - The Next-generation Global Social Networks" report to their offering.
Smartphone owners worldwide are rapidly taking up an innovative form of mobile communications and social networking: mobile messaging apps.
Hundreds of millions are downloading the apps - from KakaoTalk, Line, WeChat, WhatsApp and others - to access free chat messaging, voice and video communications, mobile entertainment and commerce.
This presents a huge opportunity to create international digital businesses. And a major threat to Facebook and Twitter.
The companies behind the apps have global ambitions
- Line, from Japan, is targeting half a billion users this year
- WeChat is spending $200 million per year on international marketing to become China's first worldwide tech brand
- US leader WhatsApp processes 50 billion messages per day
- South Korea's KakaoTalk is installed on 93% of the country's smartphones
Comprehensive analysis of the fast-moving mobile messaging market
- Understand the mobile messaging business and the leading companies
- How they are creating next-generation mobile social networks
- Their global battle to reach every one of 5.6 billion smartphones worldwide by 2019
- Competing business models, major markets and strategies for international expansion
- The impact on mobile games, entertainment content and online-to-offline (O2O) commerce
- Opportunities for mobile brand marketing
- Facebook's and Twitter's strategies to fight the threat posed by messaging apps
In-depth company profiles and SWOT analysis of the major messaging providers
- KakaoTalk - South Korea
- Kik Messenger - Canada
- Laiwang - China
- Line - Japan
- Nimbuzz - India
- Tango - USA
- Viber - Cyprus
- WeChat - China
- WhatsApp - USA
Company profiles cover
- Overview of the messaging app and its innovative features
- Funding and business model
- Company timeline
- Major markets, user numbers and growth
- Partnerships and third-party services
- Advertising services
More essential data:
- Includes 131 charts, graphs and tables
- Key information on international markets
- Overview of 24 start-up messaging companies
Who is this report for?
Game changers - the innovators who are transforming social media, mobile communications, media, advertising and technology.
Investors and analysts following major messaging and mobile companies, social networks and media organisations, and technology news, strategy and market developments.
Social media, mobile, advertising and media professionals, to stay current with the fast-moving and complex mobile messaging market.
Table of Contents for the report:
0. Executive Summary: The Global Boom In Mobile Messaging Apps
1. Key Drivers For Explosive Growth
2. Swot Analysis - The Major Players In Global Messaging
3. Global Rankings Of Major Messaging Apps
4. Primary National Markets
5. Strategies For International Expansion
6. Global Competition
7. Messaging Apps Vs Social Networks
8. Business Models For Monetizing Apps And Users
9. Valuing Mobile Messaging Companies
10. Is Mobile Gaming The Future For Messaging Apps?
11. Opportunities For Brand Marketing And Content Sales
12. Challenges To Business Models And Expansion
13. In-Depth Company Profiles: Major Mobile Messaging Apps
14. Appendix: Startups In Brief - New And Innovative Apps
The following is the full list of companies mentioned in this report:
- British Airways
- Burger King
- China Telecom
- Harper's Bazaar
- Martell Noblige Cognac
- WeChat / Weixin
- WeMeet / Weimi
- YiChat / Yixin
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/84gx8k/mobile_messaging
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: +1-646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Telecommunications and Networks, Handsets and Mobile Devices
Copyright 2014 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved.