The Entrepreneur Awards Japan 2012 - Now Accepting Applications
JCN Newswire / 2012年9月25日 17時34分
Tokyo, Sept 25, 2012 - (JCN Newswire) - The Entrepreneur Awards in Japan (TEAJ) is pleased to announce "The Entrepreneur Awards Japan 2012 (TEAJ)" for the third year, in order to recognize individuals with the courage to take the risk of establishing their own businesses and testing their innovations.
TEAJ is an awards annual event, now in its third year, supported by a coalition of leading organizations in Tokyo that recognizes the achievements of outstanding entrepreneurs from across Japan.
Four special awards are being offered this year, and awardees will become part of a dynamic network of successful entrepreneurs and highly motivated individuals interested in growing their businesses. All awards are geared toward providing experience and exposure to networks that will help to enhance the success of each winner's venture. The judges reviewing the applications and selecting the winners will be looking for entrepreneurs with the conviction, tenacity, planning and overall professional acumen to take a high-potential business and scale it into a market leader.
- U.S. Ambassador's Award
Ambassador John V. Roos will present the U.S. Ambassador's Award to a Japanese entrepreneur who best represents the risk-embracing spirit of Silicon Valley. The winner will be invited to meet with the Ambassador and to attend various entrepreneurship-related programs and events organized by the Embassy throughout 2013.
- Venture Generation Award
The Venture Generation Award will be given to an entrepreneur with an early-stage venture and will focus on helping the winner build a scalable business that is expected to have a positive impact on society.
- ACCJ Director's Award
The American Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ACCJ) Director's Award will be presented to an entrepreneur whose business has at least some international content or aspiration. The winner will work with the Chamber's Executive Director to develop a 6-month plan to leverage the Chamber's network of businesses, committees and events to gain insight and advice on how best to build her/his business. The ACCJ is dedicated to nurturing entrepreneurship in Japan, as entrepreneurs have made up an important portion of our membership and leadership since the Chamber's founding in 1948.
- Groundbreakers Award
The Groundbreakers Award will be an experiential (non-cash) award for a female entrepreneur based in Japan. She will be invited to attend a major global entrepreneur networking event within 12 months of selection. Please check the EMI web site for additional details on this award: http://www.TEAJ-EMI.org
All successful applicants for the awards listed above will be assigned a mentor under the Entrepreneur Mentoring Initiative (EMI) from November 2012 to October 2013. Mentors will be from the Tokyo business community and will be assigned with special consideration of each winner's unique venture and business needs. Mentors will aim to assist the winner in the following areas:
- Expand knowledge of the latest information, research and executive dialogues on business strategies and practices tailored to high-growth companies;
- Identify potential partners, strategic alliances, customers, suppliers, and prospective sources of capital;
- Access informal, one-to-one guidance and support;
- Strengthen executive leadership and business skills;
- Identify opportunities to grow and scale his/her venture through meetings with seasoned entrepreneurs;
- Increase regional and national visibility among corporate executives, investors and the media.
The Entrepreneur Awards Japan Ceremony will be held November 14, 2012 at the U.S. Ambassador's Official Residence in Tokyo in coordination with Global Entrepreneurship Week ・Impact Japan 2012.
TEAJ Applicants' Eligibility
- The applicant must be a resident of Japan who is either the founder or a founding partner of the venture being proposed, or at least a 51% owner;
- The applicant's company or non-profit organization (NPO) must be registered in Japan and be less than 10 years old;
- Only one individual per organization can apply for one category per year;
- Only individuals (no teams) may apply;
- The applicant will be required to submit his/her application in English, although the quality of the application content will be weighted more heavily than the English;
- Bilingual capability may be prioritized but is not a primary criterion for selection;
- Emphasis will be put on global entrepreneurial ambitions and capabilities.
TEAJ Application and Due Date
The TEAJ application is available for electronic download from the Entrepreneur Mentoring Initiative web site: http://www.TEAJ-EMI.org . The application submission deadline is 5:00 PM on Friday, October 26, 2012 (Japan). The application includes additional information on submission requirements and the selection process.
If you have any questions, please review the comment section on the EMI web site to see if your question has already been asked and answered: http://www.TEAJ-EMI.org + EMI 2012 + QUESTIONS? If not, please post your question as a new comment and the TEAJ 2012/13 Secretariat will provide a response as quickly as possible.
About the Entrepreneur Mentoring Initiative (EMI)
EMI was started in 2010 as an effort offer support to a growing number of motivated individuals who are attracted to the idea of starting their own businesses. It is also in response to the huge need for innovation and increased productivity in this market. By offering a support network EMI hopes to reduce some of the risk for entrepreneurs and also create synergy between them by creating a collaborative community. We hope to see more entrepreneurial men and women entering the market successfully and making a difference in their respective industries. For more information, please visit www.TEAJ-EMI.org .
C. Jeffrey Char
President & CEO
J-Seed Ventures, Inc.
Tel: +81 3 4520 5424
Copyright 2012 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved.
東洋経済オンライン / 2018年3月20日 8時0分
投信1 / 2018年3月20日 9時40分
ZUU online / 2018年3月20日 16時11分
PR TIMES / 2018年3月14日 17時1分
プレジデントオンライン / 2018年3月20日 9時15分